PETALING JAYA: There is a heavy police presence at the Kota Damansara Muslim Cemetery, where the body of Cradle Fund Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Nazrin Hassan (pic) is expected to be exhumed Monday (Oct 8) morning.
Police personnel are seen guarding the entrance to the cemetery while there are several others inside the cemetery's compound.
So far, media personnel are barred from entering the cemetery.
The victim's older brother Dr Malek Hassan, who requested for Nazrin's remains be exhumed for a second post-mortem, felt something was not right with the findings of the first post-mortem.
Dr Malek Hassan, who requested for Nazrin's remains be exhumed for a second post-mortem, said the cause of death as stated was way off.
"I was told the cause of death was due to phone blast. I am a medical doctor with 30 years of experience and I felt the cause of death is not right," he said on Oct 2.
Dr Malek lodge a police report requesting for a second post-mortem on Sept 24.
The request was granted by the Petaling Jaya magistrate's court on Monday.
The second post-mortem is scheduled for Oct 8.
Nazrin, who died in a fire at his home on June 14, was found with 30% burns to his body at the upper floor of his double-storey house.
The police had reclassified the case as murder following a forensic investigation by the Fire and Rescue Department.
Several people have since been remanded and released in the murder investigation, including Nazrin's wife and her ex-husband, a married couple related to his widow, and two teenagers.