PUTRAJAYA: The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) will let embattled former Sabah chief minister Tan Sri Musa Aman (pic) recover first before deciding on further action, says Datuk Seri Azam Baki.
The MACC deputy chief commissioner said this when asked whether the Commission would take action against the currently hospitalised Musa.
“We will let him recover. We will decide on what course of action to take once he recovers,” he told a press conference on Thursday (Aug 30).
Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Mohamad Fuzi Harun had previously said that police were wrapping up its investigation into the criminal intimidation report lodged by Sabah Yang di-Pertua Negeri Tun Juhar Mahiruddin against Musa on May 14.
The IGP also confirmed that the 66-year-old politician was arrested a week ago to assist the investigation.
He was released on police bail after police failed to acquire a remand order from the Petaling Jaya magistrate’s court.
Musa is believed to be still warded at a private medical facility in Subang Jaya.
He returned to Malaysia on a private jet from Singapore last week and was warded at the private hospital for his illness.
Musa is believed to have been in the United Kingdom for three months after vanishing from Sabah at the end of May.