Dengue cases decreasing thanks to prevention strategies


PETALING JAYA: Dengue prevention strategies implemented by the Health Ministry and its partners have been credited for the reduction in dengue cases and deaths by 35% and 52% for the first six months of this year.

Health Minister Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad said a total of 32,435 dengue cases with 53 deaths were reported from Jan 1 till June 30 this year, compared to 49,726 cases with 110 deaths during the same time period last year.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Government , Health Ministry , dengue , Asean , WHO

Next In Nation

Businessman claims trial to assaulting foreign woman at KL club
Malaysia, Pakistan share diplomatic experiences in resolving conflicts
Budget 2027: Social Welfare Dept seeks more monthly aid for caregivers of bedridden patients
Bersatu "technically" no longer part of Perikatan, says Takiyuddin
Seven areas in Malaysia record unhealthy API readings as of 9am
‘Automation not a quick fix’
Splitting atoms to fuel farm fields
New safety rules for religious schools
Johor book bazaar targets half a million visitors
Sim: Lower costs key to cutting foreign labour reliance

Others Also Read