Zaid: Still no offer to contest in polls


PETALING JAYA: DAP’s Datuk Zaid Ibrahim (pic) has lamented that he has yet to receive an offer to contest in the election.

The former minister tweeted on Sunday: “I like Dr Boo’s style. He declined the so-called offer to contest in Labis. Wish I too could decline; except I received no offer!” 

Appointed as a minister in March 2008, Zaid resigned from the Cabinet six months later following his criticism of the then Internal Security Act. He was suspended by Umno later that year and joined PKR in 2009.

However, Zaid had a fallout with the PKR leadership and formed Parti Kesejahteraan Insan Tanah Air in December 2010, where he eventually resigned as president due to internal squabbling. He joined DAP last year.
  
Meanwhile, according to online reports, Skudai assemblyman Dr Boo Cheng Hau did not receive any official offer to fight in Labis and has said he feels unqualified for the seat.

Disagreements are apparently taking place in Johor DAP as to who should take on MCA vice-president Datuk Seri Chua Tee Yong in the Labis parliamentary seat.
 
Dr Boo, who was former Johor DAP chairman, does not intend to contest in an area other than Skudai, to prevent the locals from feeling that they have been abandoned.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Sabah Day provides platform to appreciate state’s history, identity and culture
Woman killed by falling pole after driver crashes into Cheras food court
Sabah working on reviving idle padi land using modern technology, Jamawi
Lam Thye calls for 'safe and age-friendly' infrastructure in Kuala Lumpur
198 undocumented workers detained in early-morning Subang Jaya raid
Terengganu Perhilitan probes wild elephant complaint
Parents play key role in protecting children from harmful online content, says Teo
5.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Flores, Indonesia
Anwar receives phone call from Sheikh Al-Azhar, discuss efforts on understanding of Islam
45 animal horns worth about RM5,000 seized at Penang airport

Others Also Read