SUNGAI PETANI: A four-year-old boy choked to death after eating a fishball which he had taken from his mother.
The incident occurred at about 4pm Monday at the boy’s relative’s house at Resort Home in Persiaran Cinta Sayang here.
It is learnt that the deceased, identified as Lim Wei Kiat, ate the fishball, which was the size of a 50 sen coin, in a hurried manner.
A relative, identified only as Wong, rushed the child to the Sultan Abdul Halim Hospital for emergency treatment where he died three hours later from oxygen deprivation.
It is understood that medical assistants at the hospital’s emergency unit attempted to carry out emergency rescue procedures to save the boy but were unsuccessful.When contacted, Kuala Muda district police chief Assistant Commissioner of Police Khalil Arifin confirmed the case and said that it had been classified as sudden death.
We're sorry, this article is unavailable at the moment. If you wish to read this article, kindly contact our Customer Service team at 1-300-88-7827. Thank you for your patience - we're bringing you a new and improved experience soon!