Govt denies jamming calls during Bersih rally


KUALA LUMPUR: The Government has rubbished claims it jammed telecommunication lines during the Bersih 3.0 rally.

Information, Communications and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Dr Rais Yatim told Fong Po Kuan (DAP - Batu Gajah) in a written reply in Parliament that the system could not handle the high usage during the April 28 rally.

Subscribe now for a chance to win your dream holiday!

Monthly Plan

RM13.90/month

Annual Plan

RM12.33/month

Billed as RM148.00/year

1 month

Free Trial

For new subscribers only


Cancel anytime. No ads. Auto-renewal. Unlimited access to the web and app. Personalised features. Members rewards.
Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
   

Next In Nation

Former lecturer, contractor charged in Johor with possessing Islamic State materials
Sabah intensifies efforts to attract Singaporeans with Borneo Fest 2024
Dr Wee criticises AirAsia over multiple flight delays
Dengue cases drop last week, no deaths reported
Don’t make hasty decisions, statements, says Johor Umno Youth chief
Over 50,000 illegals detained in first six months of the year, says Immigration DG
Renewed hope and unity for public housing residents
Focus on fairness and honesty
Tour bus en route to Thailand halted, driver on ganja
Presence of foreign royals proof of close ties

Others Also Read