Two drown as floods worsen in three states


ALOR SETAR: The death toll has risen to two and more than 36,000 people have been driven to relief centres as the floods in Perlis, Kedah and Kelantan worsened, forcing the closure of roads, rail services, schools and government offices.

Kedah is the worst hit of the three states, where the floods have claimed two lives so far and forced the evacuation of 25,088 people as at 5pm as well as washed out the plans of several Hindu families to celebrate Deepavali on Friday.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Snakes were my brother's lifelong passion, says sister of late Civil Defence sergeant
Voters prioritise results over manifestos, slogans, says Mah
Scrap storage yard in Klang razed in fire
Melaka polls: Any tie-up with PH to be decided by BN top leadership, says Dr Wee
GOF nabs four, seizes RM1.1mil worth of gold mining equipment
IIUM strips controversial academic of titles following April dismissal
Shift from 'sick care' to prevention to stop RM64bil NCD toll, says Dzulkefly
One dead, teen missing after being swept away in Keningau river
Timah Tasoh Dam hits critical level as Perlis prepares cloud-seeding
Man, 62, arrested for beating 80-year-old neighbor with steel rod in Penang

Others Also Read