BANGSAR residents can finally look forward to the reopening of their public swimming pool, as Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) has announced that long-awaited repair works are set to commence.
In a statement to StarMetro, DBKL confirmed that the project was in its final stages of preparation and would take 44 weeks to complete.
The expected completion date is March 2026.
However, DBKL did not specify when the work would begin at the Bangsar Sports Complex.

DBKL said the delay was due to planning considerations focused on safety, user comfort, and adherence to facility standards.
“We are very concerned about the community’s need for quality sports and recreational facilities.
“Every aspect of the project’s implementation takes into account safety, comfort and standards to ensure the pool can be used by all,” said DBKL, adding that the community’s patience on the matter was much appreciated.
The StarMetro report titled “Bangsar pool still not repaired after four years” on April 8 highlighted the prolonged closure of the swimming pool despite previous assurances of repair.
Once a popular hangout for city residents, the pool had been closed for over four years and had fallen into disrepair, becoming an eyesore.
The prolonged delay had sparked dissatisfaction among Bangsar residents, particularly due to the lack of updates.
The DBKL Sports Complex, built in 1978, included a 25m-long six-lane swimming pool and a children’s pool.
The rest of the complex remains operational, featuring an artificial turf futsal court, tennis and badminton courts as well as a gymnasium.
