Do you spend hours staring at your smartphone screen every day? Did you know that eyeballing a digital screen for long hours can affect your eye health? Blue light – the high-energy visible light emitted by digital screens – is one of the damaging contributing factors that can cause adverse effects to the eyes.
According to a We Are Social study titled Digital, Social & Mobile in APAC in 2015,71% of Malaysians owned a smartphone and spend averagely 5.1 hours a day on the Internet. Constant eye exposure to potentially damaging blue light from smartphones and other digital devices cause visual stress that will damage the retina, accelerate vision deterioration and increase the risk of developing age-related eye diseases at a much earlier age.
While limiting the amount of time spent focusing on screens is one of the precautions to protect the eyes in this digital world, good nutrition is also one of the key factors that can promote healthy eyes.
Six key nutrients for heathier eyes
1) Marigold – Naturally rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, which are important in promoting healthy eyes. A report by the AgeRelated Eye Disease Study 2 (AREDS2) Research Group titled Secondary analyses of the effects of lutein/zeaxanthin on age-related macular degeneration progression: AREDS2 report No. 3 and similar clinical studies have shown that 10mg lutein and 2mg zeaxanthin are beneficial for eye health. Lutein and zeaxanthin in combination can filter harmful blue light, ultraviolet (UV) rays and neutralise free radicals.
2) Haematococcus pluvialis – A type of freshwater green microalgae that is naturally high in astaxanthin. Astaxanthin is an antioxidant that can alleviate eye fatigue.
3) Wolfberry (Goji) – Naturally high in polysaccharides and carotenoids. Traditionally used for improving eye health.
4) Eyebright – Traditionally used for relief of eye strain or eye fatigue.
5) Bilberry – Source of anthocyanosides which provides antioxidant protection, strengthens eyes function, and delivers nutrients and oxygen to the eyes. 6) Dunaliella salina – A type of green microalgae that is naturally high in mixed carotenoids including beta carotene, alpha carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin to support eye health.
High strength, improved formulation
Biogrow OPTIbrite E Capsule is a high strength six-in-one improved formulation for eye health. Each vegetable capsule contains amounts of 10mg lutein and 2mg trans-zeaxanthin extracted from marigold, astaxanthin from haematococcus pluvialis, anthocyanosides from bilberry and other eye health-enhancing nutrients from wolfberry, eyebright and dunaliella salina.
It is recommended for ageing adults, students, computer users, individuals aiming to improve or maintain eye health, individuals experiencing eye strain or tired eyes due to reading, driving, prolonged use of digital devices (such as smartphones or tablets), and individuals who are frequently involved in outdoor activities and exposed to UV rays.
Users should take only one capsule daily after a meal for healthy eyes. Biogrow OPTIbrite E Capsule is certified halal by the Islamic Development Department (Jakim) and is suitable for vegetarians too. It is available in all leading pharmacies nationwide.
This article is brought to you by Legosan (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd.
For more information, visit www.biogrow.com.my or call 03-7956 2220 (Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 5pm).
This is a traditional product advertisement.
Did you find this article insightful?
95% readers found this article insightful