Sharon Stone claims she was ‘cast and removed unexpectedly’ from Blake Lively movie ‘Another Simple Favor’


By AGENCY
Despite there having been no reports of her involvement in the film, Sharon Stone says she was not only hired for the flick, but then suddenly let go. Photo: TNS

Sharon Stone is claiming she was cast and then abruptly fired from Another Simple Favor, the sequel to Paul Feig’s 2018 dark-comedy thriller, A Simple Favor.

Despite there having been no reports of her involvement in the film, the 67-year-old star says she was not only hired for the flick, but then suddenly let go.

“I LOVED being cast and removed from my role unexpectedly for no reason at all,” Stone commented Thursday night on an E! News’ Instagram Reel regarding the movie.

As of early Friday afternoon, Stone’s comment had garnered nearly 900 likes and dozens of replies asking for details, including E! News probing her to spill the tea.

However, in a statement to Variety, a source close to the production denied Stone’s allegations. They admitted there had been talks with the actor to join the film, but she was “never” formally cast because “finances didn’t align.”

“The idea that she was dumped from this movie is not true,” the source said, noting that the role they discussed ultimately went to Elizabeth Perkins.

Stone’s claim came on a post speculating on the reported beef between Another Simple Favor stars Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively.

Kendrick made headlines last week following the film’s premiere at SXSW, when Entertainment Tonight asked her how it was reuniting with the Gossip Girl alum.

“Oh, you know…” Kendrick said, avoiding the question as she quickly walked off to greet fans.

Lively, meanwhile, took a slightly different approach when the outlet asked what it meant to be back working with Kendrick.

“Oh, it’s the best. I’m so happy to be here,” she said — though it’s unclear whether “the best” was in reference to the actress’ working relationship or merely the excitement around the film.

Another Simple Favor is scheduled to be released May 1 exclusively on Prime Video. – New York Daily News/Tribune News Service

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Entertainment

'The Mandalorian And Grogu' review: This is the way to bring Star Wars back
What do Adele and Tom Holland have in common? They graduated from this school
Mandopop singer Jay Chou purchases painting by French artist for RM79mil
Yuna becomes first local artiste to surpass one billion streams on Spotify
Can Baby Yoda bring 'Star Wars' fans back to cinemas?
Paul McCartney helps Stephen Colbert say goodbye to 'Late Show'
Tickets to BTS concerts in Malaysia go on sale June 3
Singer JJ Lin attends girlfriend’s graduation ceremony in New York
Kylie Minogue chose not to reveal second breast cancer diagnosis in 2021
Seagull poops on King Charles during Northern Ireland visit

Others Also Read