Kate Middleton, Prince William’s Christmas card nods to ‘brutal’ year


By AGENCY
William, Prince of Wales, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis, and Catherine, Princess of Wales, attend the Together At Christmas carol service at Westminster Abbey in London, Britain, Dec 6, 2024. Photo: Handout via Reuters

Kate Middleton and Prince William’s new Christmas card is a nod to her recovery following chemotherapy and the family’s “brutal” year.

Unlike Christmas cards of years past, the 42-year-old Prince and Princess of Wales’ 2024 greeting showcases a previously seen family portrait. This one, which shows the couple embracing each other and Prince George, 11, Princess Charlotte, 9, and Prince Louis, 6, comes from their September announcement that Kate was cancer-free and had completed chemotherapy.

“Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and New Year,” reads the card.

The card is set against the backdrop of a decked-out Christmas tree as digital snow appears to fall down around it.

Unlike Christmas cards of years past, the 42-year-old Prince and Princess of Wales’ 2024 greeting showcases a previously seen family portrait. Photo: Prince and Princess of Wales/Instagram
Unlike Christmas cards of years past, the 42-year-old Prince and Princess of Wales’ 2024 greeting showcases a previously seen family portrait. Photo: Prince and Princess of Wales/Instagram

Kate announced on Sept 9, in a poignant message that, after an “incredibly tough” few months, she was cancer-free and determined to stay that way.

Christmas 2023 marked the last time Kate was seen in public before she underwent “successful” abdominal surgery. She was hospitalised in London at the same time as father-in-law King Charles. By March, both had made public their respective cancer diagnoses.

Speaking to People last month, Prince William said the “dreadful” year had “probably been the hardest” in his life.

“I’m so proud of my wife, I’m so proud of my father, for handling the things that they have done,” said the heir to the British throne. “But from a personal family point of view, it’s been, yeah, it’s been brutal.”

William’s comments come amid an ongoing feud with younger brother Prince Harry who, despite his best efforts, can’t seem to get back in the fold.

Though the Duke of Sussex, 40, visited Charles on the heels of his diagnosis, the King, Will and Kate all reportedly passed on his invite to celebrate the Invictus Games anniversary. By July, sources told People Charles was completely ignoring Harry’s calls, whether for favors or to check in on his father. – New York Daily News/Tribune News Service

Speaking to People last month, Prince William said the 'dreadful' year had 'probably been the hardest' in his life.. Photo: Handout via Reuters
Speaking to People last month, Prince William said the 'dreadful' year had 'probably been the hardest' in his life.. Photo: Handout via Reuters

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Entertainment

HK actor Ha Yu, 83, opens up about feeling distant with his children
Legendary Indian actress Sowcar Janaki dies at 94 after brief hospitalisation in Chennai
Thai actor Ray MacDonald dies at 49
Julie Andrews, 90, will not reprise role in ‘Princess Diaries 3,’ says she’s retired
Philippine singer Vanessa Blanca dies at 30 after accidental fall in bathroom
Prince Harry and others ordered to pay millions over failed lawsuit
'Wednesday' actress Jenna Ortega would go all day without food or water on set as child star
Hayden Panettiere's mum blames ex Brian Hickerson as history of abuse faces closer scrutiny
Former HK actor Lo Hoi Pang, 84, thanks Chow Yun Fat for motivating him to stay active
Former Miss HK Shirley Yeung live streams up to 10 hours a day to support family

Others Also Read