Unauthorised trades resolved, says Bursa


PETALING JAYA: Bursa Malaysia has announced that the unauthorised trades that took place on April 24 have been resolved and that the affected investors will not incur losses.

In a statement, the local bourse said it and the affected brokers have reached a consensus to manage the unauthorised trades, with the support of counter-party brokers.

“The key outcome results with the underlying principle that no investor with unauthorised trades shall incur losses arising from the incident.

“As stated previously, the unauthorised trades were confined to a very limited number of brokers’ client online trading accounts.”

There were approximately 80 accounts affected, which amounts to less than 0.01% of the total online trading accounts.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Bursa Malaysia , hack , trade , unauthorised

Next In Business News

Stocks dip and oil climbs as Trump ramps up Iran threats
Ringgit opens higher vs US$ amid geopolitical tensions
FBM KLCI lift slightly amid higher crude oil prices
Trading ideas: Nestle, MISC, IHH, Atlan, FBG, Bina Puri, Jentayu, Cape EMS
Hap Seng Plantations 4Q earnings likely to be strong
UK budget ‘headroom’ a harmful obsession
Bursa Malaysia extends gains to close higher
Inflation expected to remain manageable
Atlan subsidiary ceases duty-free business�in JB
Sarawak Plantation eyes steady recovery

Others Also Read