TRX City, IWH-CREC ink deal to develop Bandar Malaysia


KUALA LUMPUR: TRX City Sdn Bhd has signed a deal with IWH-CREC Sdn Bhd to develop the 486-acre Bandar Malaysia project following the government's decision to reinstate the project.

The development is located at the site of the Royal Malaysia Air Force base on Jalan Sungai Besi, and has an expected gross development value of about RM140bil.

TRX City is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Ministry of Finance Inc (MoF) while IWH-CREC is a 60:40 joint venture between Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Sdn Bhd and China Railway Engineering Corp (M) Sdn Bhd to develop Bandar Malaysia.

In a joint statement, the parties said IWH-CREC will acquire a 60% stake in Bandar Malaysia Sdn Bhd, the master developer of the project, from TRX City. The MoF will hold the remaining 40% equity.

The consideration for the stake, previously reported at RM7.41bil, was anchored on Bandar Malaysia land valued at RM12.35bil, it said.

In the revived deal, the staggered payment term has been shortened from seven years to three years.

IWH-CREC will also pay an additional RM500mil as an advance payment in addition to the original deposit of RM741mil.

Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng said the revived deal is an integral part of fostering and cementing long-term bilateral relations between Malaysia and China.

"Under the new deal, Bandar Malaysia will be more Rakyat centric as opposed to previously under 1MDB where the new deal was driven by 1MDB Rationalization Plan aimed at paying off 1MDB's debt.

"We managed to double the number of affordable homes to 10,000 units. We will also create the 85-acre People's Park, which will be a combination of a single contiguous built park and several satellite parks," he said.

He added that there would be greater Bumiputera participation throughout the project implementation with priority given to the use of Malaysia-produced construction materials, technology and talent in the project.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

   

Next In Business News

Powell says Fed likely to taper asset purchases 'at the same time'
Houston man pleads guilty in scheme to sell US$317 mln bogus masks to Australian state
Fed establishes standing repo facilities to support money markets
Oil settles up near $75; sharp U.S. inventory drop counters virus worry
GLOBAL MARKETS-US dollar, stocks dip as Fed keeps taper timing close to chest
Trading bounce for Bursa Malaysia
Credit Suisse’s Archegos inquiry rips bank’s due diligence
Double-digit growth in exports to major markets
Gadang posts quarterly net profit of RM3.7mil
Malaysia’s economic fundamentals still strong

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers