Five assistance houses underway for needy families in Brunei


Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office and Minister of Defence II Pehin Datu Lailaraja Major General (Rtd) Dato Paduka Seri Awang Halbi Mohd Yussof as chairman of the Board of Directors of Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah and Minister of Culture, Youth and Sports Dato Seri Setia Awang Nazmi Mohamad in his capacity as a board member and chairman of the Yayasan Assistance Review Committee during the foundation-laying ceremony. - BB

BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN: Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah in Friday (May 22) held the foundation-laying ceremony to mark the start of the construction of five assistance houses, comprising four houses in the Brunei-Muara District and one in the Belait District.

The construction of the houses is under the Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Housing Assistance Scheme for the year 2025-2026.

The ceremony took place at Lots LTS16/2025 and LTS17/2025, Simpang 185-82-51, Kampong Katok, Jalan Tungku, Mukim Gadong ‘A’, Brunei-Muara District.

The assistance housing construction project is one of Yayasan’s contributions towards providing safer, more comfortable, and proper homes for underprivileged individuals and families, including those previously living in unsafe and dilapidated conditions.

The provision of housing assistance is also in line with the aim of establishing Yayasan in the field of welfare and supports one of its strategic goals: Balancing Care for Basic Needs. Proper housing not only serves as physical shelter, but also serves as an essential foundation for building healthier, more organised, and prosperous family lives.

The ceremony began with the recitation of Surah Al-Fatihah, followed by the call to prayer (Azan) and Selawat, led by Mosque Affairs Officer at Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha Mosque Mohamad Adham Hashim.

The event continued with the piling commencement ceremony for the housing project, led by the guest of honour, Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office and Minister of Defence II Pehin Datu Lailaraja Major General (Rtd) Dato Paduka Seri Awang Halbi Mohd Yussof as chairman of the Yayasan Board of Directors, and concluded with a Doa Selamat.

Minister of Culture, Youth and Sports Dato Seri Setia Awang Nazmi Mohamad in his capacity as a Board Member and Chairman of the Yayasan Assistance Review Committee and Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Development Dr Nor Imtihan Abdul Razak in her capacity as Yayasan Acting Managing Director were also present.

The housing construction project is expected to be fully completed by October 2026. The design of the assistance houses features a more modern concept and aligns with current technological developments in low-cost housing construction. The construction methods used are also expected to allow the projects to be completed within a shorter period of time. – Borneo Bulletin/ANN

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

‘A minute to get around it’: Australia’s social media ban still has plenty of holes
Lao police hand over 494 fraud suspects to China
Move forward with compassion, reject divisive politics, says Anwar
How a ‘cockroach’ jibe united India’s disgruntled jobless youth
Sabah PKR vice-chairman Amin Abdul Mem quits party
Cambodian defence minister welcomes Thai suggestion of imminent border committee meeting
7,919 littering notices issued nationwide in first five months, says SWCorp
Finding love on LinkedIn: Why are more singles giving it a shot?
Vietnam issues guidelines for health quarantine procedures for inbound, outbound travellers
Anwar: Small traders back government, bigger players complain the loudest

Others Also Read