Around 16,000 participants run an international half-marathon at Cambodia's historic Angkor Wat


SIEM REAP, Cambodia (Xinhua): An international half-marathon was held at the Angkor Archaeological Park in northwestern Cambodia on Sunday, attracting about 16,000 runners.

In the men's half-marathon, Japan's Saeki Makino crossed the finish line first in one hour, 10 minutes and 26 seconds, while fellow Japanese Ota Natsuko won the women's category in 1:33:40.

Speaking at the opening ceremony of the 30th Angkor Wat International Half Marathon, Deputy Prime Minister Sun Chanthol said the number of participants represented a 25 percent rise compared to last year, adding that among them, 3,362 were foreign runners from 86 countries and regions.

"We run in front of Angkor Wat - a [UNESCO] World Heritage Site and the soul of Cambodia - flanked by beautiful, majestic trees that have stood along this course for centuries," he said.

The event also consisted of 10km, 5km and 3km categories. - Xinhua

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

JDT lift sixth Malaysia Cup with 2-0 win over Kuching City
No enforcement on non-Muslim houses of worship pending guideline review
Former Hong Kong top scorer Mung Chiang to lead prestigious Northwestern University
China inventor creates sword-shaped aerial vehicle, bringing flying sword in fantasy novels to life
China is replacing Middle East oil with Xinjiang coal. What does it mean for the world?
Asean News Headlines at 10pm on Saturday (May 23, 2026)
WHO says new hantavirus case among the Hondius ship's crew
'All gone dark' - Bad weather triggers major blackout issues across Indonesia's Sumatra, confirms top official
Thailand confirms it will tighten Ebola screening for travellers from high-risk areas
Rubio renews ties with India after Trump's China lovefest

Others Also Read