Vietnam starts mass evacuations, shuts airports as Typhoon Kajiki approaches


Storm clouds form above the buildings in Vinh city, Nghe An province on August 25, 2025, before Typhoon Kajiki makes landfall in Vietnam. - AFP

HANOI: Vietnam has shut down airports, closed schools and initiated mass evacuations as it prepares for the most powerful storm so far in 2025.

Typhoon Kajiki was packing winds of up to 166kmh as it approached Vietnam's central coast and was forecast to grow stronger before making landfall on the afternoon of Aug 25, the country's weather agency said.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Vietnam , Typhoon Kajiki , evacuations , airports

Next In Aseanplus News

Hasan Piker talks about his controversial China trip – and ‘thinking Chinese thoughts’
Sabah flood evacuees increase to 4,652 in northern districts
No elements of abuse, bullying found in Trooper Indiran's death, says Khaled
Former Goa governor says he advised Thantri to close Sabarimala temple during 2018 women’s entry row
Ex-Bersatu members welcome to join Umno, says Khaled
World top-ranked Jeeno Thitikul takes third-round lead at her home LPGA Thailand tournament
Scam victims in Singapore lose S$2.9mil in less than three weeks in February after fraudsters pose as officers
When is the best time to open Lunar New Year red packets in the Year of the Horse 2026?
Hongkonger, 63, falls to his death from high-rise while trying to save cat
Laos pushes to promote commercial livestock farming

Others Also Read