JOHOR BARU: No element of abuse or bullying has been found in the death of Trooper K. Indiran, says Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin.
The Defence Minister said this was based on the conclusion of a post-mortem conducted on Saturday (Feb 21) morning.
"I was informed that the autopsy had been carried out today.
"I have not received the report yet, but there are no elements of abuse or bullying," he said after handing over aid during a back-to-school programme here Saturday.
Mohamed Khaled said this at a press conference when asked to comment on the death of 22-year-old Indiran, who reportedly died while attending a specialist armour course.
He added that a special task force is expected to be formed to further investigate the matter.
When asked if there was a need to conduct a second post-mortem, as suggested by an MIC leader, he said there was no need to politicise the matter.
"The first post-mortem has just been concluded today. There is no need to politicise this," he said.
Earlier, Penang MIC chairman J. Dhinagaran urged a comprehensive and transparent investigation into Indiran’s death.
Indiran was found unconscious on Feb 18 while attending the course at Kem Batu 10.
He was the son of Major C. Kayamboo, a Royal Malaysian Air Force pilot who was killed in a Beechcraft B200T crash in 2016.
