Number of international tourists to Angkor up 543% in H1


Local and international sightseers visit Angkor Wat to catch a glimpse of the sunrise in June. - Apsara National Authority

PHNOM PENH (The Phnom Penh Post/Asia News Network): Cambodia's famed Angkor Archaeological Park received 385,769 foreign visitors in the first half of this year, up 543 per cent from only 59,983 in the same period last year, said a press statement on Wednesday (July 5).

The ancient park earned US$17.87 million in revenue from ticket sales during the January-June period this year, up 638 per cent from $2.42 million in the same period last year, said the state-owned Angkor Enterprise's statement.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Cambodia , Angkor , visitors

Next In Aseanplus News

Motor racing-Norris beats Russell to pole in Dutch hat-trick for McLaren
Defending champs Vietnam on fire after stunning Thailand in the first leg of Asean Hyundai Cup 2026 final in Bangkok
Japan axes Netflix collaboration after outcry over dating show
Tennis-Serena Williams teams up with Alcaraz in U.S. Open mixed doubles
Lanier, Gicquel-Delrue make French history at worlds
Astana celebrates Asean Summer Festival 2026 in grand style
Govt rules out acquisition of Datasonic Technologies
Asean News Headlines at 10pm on Saturday (Aug 22, 2026)
Singapore mosques temporarily shorten Friday sermons due to hot weather and haze
US urged to follow China’s lead in treating data as an economic asset

Others Also Read