International visitor arrivals to Laos plunge by 60 per cent


VIENTIANE, July 25 (The Vientiane Times/ANN): International tourist arrivals to Laos in the first six months of this year were down 60 per cent compared to the same period last year due to the closure of border checkpoints to prevent the Covid-19 outbreak.

According to a report by the Tourism Marketing Department, Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism, international visitor arrivals dropped from 2,228,459 for January to June in 2019 to 886,447 for the same period this year.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Laos , Covid-19 , Effects , Tourism , Down 60%

Next In Aseanplus News

Indonesia did not pay US$1bil to join the Board of Peace, says Foreign Minister Sugiono
Thailand and Myanmar hold talks to re-engage with Naypidaw and Asean after strained ties
Golf-Rahm left out as DP World Tour grants LIV releases, Ryder Cup future uncertain
Turkish Red Crescent aid continues to flow into Gaza after the reopening of Rafah crossing
Philippine senator calls out China in visit to disputed island
Cricket-India skipper Suryakumar backs opener Sharma despite three ducks in T20 World Cup
Washington offers US$200 million to boost the American smartphone industry in Indo-Pacific
Madani govt component parties must strengthen cohesion to realise people's mandate, says Zaliha
Chinese scientists put quantum chaos in ‘slow motion’
Trump to remove Vietnam from restricted tech list, says Hanoi

Others Also Read