International visitor arrivals to Laos plunge 60% in first half 2020


LAOS, July 24 (Vientiane Times/ANN): International tourist arrivals to Laos in the first six months of this year were down 60 percent compared to the same period last year due to the closure of border checkpoints to prevent the Covid-19 outbreak.

According to a report by the Tourism Marketing Department, Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism, international visitor arrivals dropped from 2,228,459 for January to June in 2019, to 886,447 for the same period this year.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
tourist , tourism , Covid-19 , outbreak

Next In Aseanplus News

Three more suspended in HRD Corp governance reset
Probe underway after 72 tigers die at Chiang Mai, Thailand's tiger parks
Penang's esplanade seawall, promenade project wins Unesco heritage award
Duterte at International Criminal Court: How he ended up accused of murder in international tribunal
Ringgit likely to trade cautiously next week ahead of key US data
Malaysia weighs Impact of US tariff ruling, says Johari
Urgent action needed to combat synthetic drug abuse among students, says Lee Lam Thye
Opinion - ‘I dream he is looking for his phone’: Cambodian mother recalls how Thai shell killed her 13-year-old son
Chinese national feared drowned in Langkawi
Make mosques centres of unity, not exclusive domain of any group, says Pahang Sultan

Others Also Read