Car audio system catches fire, man suffers smoke inhalation and dies

  • Nation
  • Tuesday, 28 Oct 2014

GEORGE TOWN: A man died, apparently from smoke inhalation, after the audio system of the car he was in caught fire on Lebuh Chulia here early Tuesday.

Abdul Rahim Md Nor, 63, passed out in the incident that happened at 12.42am, and died at 3am while undergoing treatment at the Penang Hospital.

Lebuh Pantai Fire and Rescue Service operations chief Mohd Suhaimi Abdullah said the owner of the car, in his 50s, was trying to remove Abdul Rahim from the car when firemen arrived.

A family member who declined to be identified, said Abdul Rahim had left his home in Bukit Jambul here at 11pm to meet a friend.

"The doctor said Abdul Rahim suffered a heart attack. He was having difficulty breathing and had to be given aid after he was removed from the car," said the family member when met at the forensic department of the hospital. - Bernama

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 0
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Next In Nation

State polls: Perikatan has completed allocation of seats, says Sanusi
King, Queen break fast with Cabinet ministers
Two arrested after three siblings found with signs of possible abuse
No issue of reduced workforce if more monopolies dismantled, says HR Minister
'Friends', job offers vanished once dad was not PM anymore, says local artist Dafi
NRD, MACC smash syndicate smuggling Filipino illegals from Sabah to peninsula
Cat carcasses case suspect described as animal lover by neighbours
Floods: Situation continues to improve in Batu Pahat
No Marburg virus disease detected in Malaysia so far, says Health Minister
Factory supervisor loses RM164,601 to love scam

Others Also Read