Moncler says key data on customers safe despite hacking incident


FILE PHOTO: Models present creations from the Moncler Autumn/Winter 2020 collection during Milan Fashion Week in Milan, Italy February 19, 2020. REUTERS/Alessandro Garofalo/File Photo

MILAN (Reuters) - Italian luxury down jacket maker Moncler said that key data on its customers was safe following a cyber attack it suffered last year, after some data was released on the dark web on Tuesday.

Updating on a hacking incident that hit the group in December, Moncler said some data obtained from the company had been released on Tuesday after the luxury group rejected a ransom demand.

Get 30% off with our ads free Premium Plan

Monthly Plan

RM9.73/month

Annual Plan

RM8.63/month

Billed as RM103.60/year

1 month

Free Trial

For new subscribers only


Cancel anytime. No ads. Auto-renewal. Unlimited access to the web and app. Personalised features. Members rewards.
Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

   

Next In Tech News

Mind over machine: Can AI truly trump human artistry and imagination?
Surfs up, shields up: The virtues of VPNs
Xiaomi launches new photo-geared 14 Series smartphone
Google rows back AI-image tool after WWII gaffe
Rise of AI is 'not going to be only a good story,' OpenAI boss says
Review: 'Apollo Justice' – Be the lawyer of this courtroom drama
Review: 'Prince of Persia' – A race against time in an ancient empire
Exclusive-Broadcom nears $3.8 billion sale of remote access unit to KKR
Google says its AI image-generator would sometimes ‘overcompensate’ for diversity
Authorities troll LockBit boss on his commandeered Darkweb site

Others Also Read