The Consumer Electronics Show (CES), which runs Jan 9-12, 2018, in Las Vegas, is the world's largest tech and gadget show. Indeed, the figures speak for themselves ...
- 24 categories: the show covers 24 specific themes in nine wider categories (entertainment, automotive, health and wellness, robotics, sports, etc.);
- 51 years: that's how long CES has been running, with the first edition held in 1967;
- 1,200 speakers: the number of guests set to take to the stage at some 300 conferences held during the event;
- 3,900 exhibitors: the estimated number of firms present in 2018, from over 150 countries;
- 184,279 visitors: this includes the number of professionals, exhibitors and journalists who attended CES in 2017. Around two-thirds of visitors are American and the rest come from all around the world;
- 240,000 sq m: floor space dedicated to the event at the Las Vegas Convention and World Trade Center (LVCC);
- 998,779 mentions on Twitter: this figure includes all mentions of @CES and the #CES2017 hashtag during the 2017 edition.
CES 2018 runs January 9-12, in Las Vegas. — AFP Relaxnews
Did you find this article insightful?