PERFECTION and affordability are not concepts that typically go together. But then again, SkyAwani2 Residences was destined to be a game-changer.
Designed as a CSR initiative with value creation for first homeowners, it has since become a benchmark for affordable housing projects – one that combines the best qualities of design, innovation, location, accessibility, connectivity, liveability and community.
SkyAwani2 is part of the ‘Awani Series’ by award-winning, city-centric property developer, SkyWorld Development Berhad and revolves around ‘six perfects’. They are:
– Perfect price: At just RM300,000, units are an attractive option for low-to-middle income and first-time homebuyers alike.
– Perfect design: Units were crafted for practicality and space efficiency, with features like large windows, high ceilings and quality workmanship ensuring a breezy and comfortable living environment.
– Perfect location: Situated just off Jalan Ipoh close to the Kuala Lumpur city centre, it is well-connected to just about everywhere in the Klang Valley. Easy access to public transportation makes it convenient for residents to get around the city.
– Perfect facilities: Though an affordable development, there are comprehensive lifestyle amenities typical of higher-end projects such as infinity swimming pool, floating gym, multi-purpose hall, playground and four-tiered security.
– Perfect solutions: Homeowners can utilise the user-friendly SkyWorld Connects app (SWC 2.0). Designed for effective and efficient communications between owners, residents and management, it allows one to easily manage everything from reporting of defects to checking outstanding bills, booking facilities and registering visitors. It is convenience at one’s fingertips.
– Perfect green living: With sustainability in mind, the building embraces modern trends like passive design, natural lighting and ventilation, rainwater harvesting, EV charging and use of low-emissivity glass to reduce energy consumption.
SkyWorld Development Berhad chief executive officer Lee Chee Seng said the company believes that affordable urban housing should not come with compromises. There must also be quality workmanship, beautiful aesthetics, attractive facilities and an emphasis on sustainability.
“Our aim is to create a communal living environment that connectspeople from all walks of life together. By living together and sharing spaces and responsibilities, we can pursue common interests and uphold values in a harmonious way,” he shared.
These key factors are what set SkyAwani 2 apart from the rest and made it winner of the Affordable Housing category of the Malaysia Property Award 2022.
It also achieved a QLASSIC score of 79% and is crowned as the HIGHEST QLASSIC scorer in Malaysia under the Residensi Wilayah Category of 2020 by the Construction Industry Development Board Malaysia (CIDB).
SkyAwani 2 is strategically located on a peaceful 2.78-acre parcel off Jalan Ipoh, within a 7km radius of Kuala Lumpur’s bustling central business district (CBD) – giving residents the best of both worlds.
A combined effort with the Malaysian Federal Government to address the rising cost of living issue and making trendy and quality lifestyles affordable to the masses, it was completed in 2020.
There are a total of 708 residential units spread over two towers rising 39 and 44 storeys. Units are priced at RM300,000 and come in two layouts (Types A and B) with a standardised built-up of 800sq ft.
Each has three bedrooms and two bathrooms. The high ceilings and practical layouts create a feel of openness and spaciousness while affording residents flexibility in interior design choices.
There are large aluminium windows and sliding doors coupled with thick glass to diffuse the hustle and bustle outside, at the same time allowing more sunlight and fresh air into the unit. All walls in bathrooms and kitchens are finished with full-height tiles.
Despite the affordable nature, residents can still enjoy a full suite of resort-like facilities. Enjoy daily soaks in the infinity pool that overlooks the majestic Batu Caves.
Work off calories in the well-equipped gym boasting cardio and strength training equipment. Sessions will never be boring either, as the vast expanse of glass windows open up to beautiful panoramas in every direction.
The triple-volume height sky gardens can serve as breezy reading nooks or chill out corners to unwind after a long day of work. The 2,920sq ft fully air-conditioned multi-purpose hall can accommodate events for up to 250 people.
Notably, 40% of the outdoor facilities are covered by water bodies to create a cooling effect within the property. This also helps reduce the urban heat island effect and improves both air quality and overall comfort levels.
The clever building design creates a wind tunnelling effect that channels air currents throughout the building to effectively bring down ambient temperatures.
The use of LED lightings in common areas, inverter lifts and rainwater harvesting also helps save on maintenance costs and make the building more environmentally- friendly in the long run.
SkyAwani 2’s first two floors also house 102 retail lots. Current operators include cafes, restaurants and convenience stores, making it easy for one to grab a quick meal or necessity or two.
Nearby at just 700m away, is the leafy Metropolitan Batu Park where families can exercise and enjoy other outdoor activities. Many schools, medical institutions, shopping malls and commercial hubs are also nearby.
The Awani Series
Regarded as one of the ‘most sought after’ home ranges since its first launch in 2015, SkyWorld has now launched five phases of the Awani series.
“We spend time to research and understand our target markets to ensure that each development is carefully crafted to meet our buyers’ needs. We never do anything less in terms of design and planning, even for affordable projects like SkyAwani 2.
“In fact, we’ve even invested more time and effort as the target buyer group is very specific – first time homebuyers and young people who have just joined the workforce and not so financially strong yet.
“We carefully ascertain their needs and wants so we can build quality homes at an affordable price point to help them realise their dreams of home-ownership,” Lee said.
About the developer
SkyWorld Development Berhad is a developer with a proven track record of delivering innovative and quality homes for city communities.
Founded on one single vision – to be the ‘Always Best City Developer’ with the purpose of ‘Make Living Better’, it maintains a culture of excellence centred on the three key brand pillars of value creation, integrated sky living experience and innovative concepts in sustainable environments.
Staying true to its brand promise of ‘You Can Now Own A Quality Home and Living’, SkyWorld is all about nurturing lifelong commitments by providing ‘Healthy Building, Healthy Living’ environments for generations today and tomorrow.