Motor racing-Hulkenberg disqualified for excessive skid block wear


Formula One F1 - Bahrain Grand Prix - Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir, Bahrain - April 12, 2025 Sauber's Nico Hulkenberg after qualifying REUTERS/Hamad I Mohammed

SAKHIR, Bahrain (Reuters) -Sauber's Nico Hulkenberg was disqualified from Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix for excessive wear of his car's skid block, the second such breach by a Formula One team in the last three races.

The German had finished the race in 13th place but stewards found the wooden plank under the car was below the minimum thickness of 9mm.

Ferrari's seven times world champion Lewis Hamilton was disqualified from sixth place at last month's Chinese Grand Prix for the same reason.

Sauber, who will become the Audi factory team next year, are last in the constructors' championship after four races.

(Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Pritha Sarkar)

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Motorsport

Motor racing-Hamilton says he forgot who he was but has re-set for new season
Motor racing-Leclerc fastest for Ferrari on final day of F1 testing
Motor racing-Russell concerned by Ferrari's fast starts and his slow ones
Motor racing-Honda battery issue adds to Aston Martin's testing woes
Motor racing-F1 will thrill in new engine era and Verstappen sure to stay, Domenicali says
Motor racing-Norris amused by reaction to his comments on new F1 cars
Motor racing-Wolff accuses F1 engine rivals of ganging up against Mercedes
Motor racing-Barcelona to stay on F1 calendar, to alternate with Belgium until 2032
Motor racing-Mercedes end first Bahrain F1 test one-two on the timesheets
Motor racing-Formula E boss invites Verstappen to try electric after F1 car comments

Others Also Read