Help should be provided by front desk staff

ON March 7 this year, I submitted an application for financial assistance for my invalid brother who lost his hand after a workplace accident in 1994.

He used to get his allowance through the Federal Territory Social Welfare Department, but now that he is living in a nursing home in Selangor, he has to submit an application to the Selangor state welfare office. I personally went to the office in Shah Alam to submit the application. After looking through it, the officer at the front desk told me I needed to submit a statutory declaration with it.

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Next In Letters

Keeping a sweet industry alive
Wrong perception of MACC
Monetary policy is pre-emptive, not premature
Saving up for a comfortable retirement
Why are dogs getting a raw deal?
Push for integrated health records
Governance for water security in Penang
Brand loyalty and politics
Tina Turner was simply the best in rock history
Pointless pursuits in Parliament

Others Also Read