Iran says its ambassador met four nationals detained in Kuwait


DUBAI, Aug 18 (Reuters) - ⁠Iran's ambassador to Kuwait met ⁠four Iranian nationals who have been ‌detained in Kuwait for three months, Iranian state media quoted Iran's embassy in Kuwait as saying ​on Tuesday, a few ⁠days after an ⁠Iranian military official accused Kuwait of withholding information ⁠about ‌their fate.

The Iranian embassy in Kuwait said in a ⁠post on X that the ambassador was ​informed ‌about the health and the latest situation ⁠of ​the four.

Iran said in May that four men affiliated with the Revolutionary Guards ⁠had been on a maritime ​patrol before entering Kuwaiti territorial waters because of a navigation disruption. Kuwait has said ⁠the four were suspected of planning hostile actions against the country.

Mohammad Baqerzadeh, commander of the Committee for the Search ​for Missing Persons of ⁠Iran's Armed Forces General Staff, accused Kuwait ​on Monday of withholding ‌information about the fate ​of the four men.

(Reporting by Dubai Newsroom; Editing by Edmund Klamann)

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

1st LD: Dozens killed in gold mine collapse on Cameroon-CAR border
Urgent: Dozens feared dead in gold mine collapse on Cameroon-CAR border
Interview: China's growing radio astronomy capacity helps push frontiers of cosmic exploration, Polish astronomer says
U.S. stocks close lower
DOJ unseals new charges against 17 hackers in Iran-backed campaign
France to expel two Iranian diplomats in coming days, foreign minister says
Ukraine's ousted defence minister calls for wartime elections
Brazil's Bolsonaro campaign adds Sachsida, market figures to policy team
Crude futures settle higher
Kazakhstan's exports reach 40.3 bln USD in H1

Others Also Read