Angola uncovers two diamonds over 100 carats


LUANDA, March 11 (Xinhua) -- Angola's state-owned diamond company, Endiama, announced on Monday that two diamonds weighing 116 and 162 carats were mined last week from the Lulo Mine in Norte Lunda province in northeast Angola.

The two special Type IIa stones were recovered from Mining Block 46 and are the 41st and 42nd diamonds over 100 carats to be recovered from the mine since operations began in 2010, according to a release on the company's official website.

"These types of stones demonstrate to any investor the great diamond potential that Angola has, so it would be advantageous for them to invest in the diamond subsector in the country," Endiama's Chairman Ganga Junior said.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

Trump meets Vietnam leader, vows to remove Hanoi from restricted lists
Analysis-Supreme Court checks Trump's expansive view of executive power
Trump furious after Supreme Court upends his global tariffs, imposes new 10% levy
US says it struck vessel in the eastern Pacific, killing three men
1st LD: Trump says he will sign order imposing 10 pct global tariff
Tajikistan's population reaches 10.72 million
Switzerland takes men's curling bronze, Sweden, Switzerland set up women's final at Milan-Cortina
Coventry hails Milan-Cortina Games as 'truly successful'
Medal table at Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics on February 20
U.S. stocks close higher

Others Also Read