Swedish prosecutor says may be difficult to determine who blew up Nord Stream pipelines


FILE PHOTO: Gas bubbles from the Nord Stream 2 leak reaching surface of the Baltic Sea in the area shows a disturbance of well over one kilometre in diameter near Bornholm, Denmark, September 27, 2022. Danish Defence Command/Handout via REUTERS

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) -It will likely be difficult to determine who blew up the Nord Stream pipelines connecting Russia and Germany in the Baltic Sea last year, Sweden's prosecution authority, which is investigating the incident, said on Thursday.

The Sept. 26 explosions at the pipelines connecting Russia and Germany occurred in the economic zones of Sweden and Denmark. The blast in the Swedish zone happened at a depth of 80 meters and the prosecutor said investigating it was complicated.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

Feature: Damascus markets bustle ahead of Ramadan, but rising prices strain shoppers
Nigeria says 100 US forces arrive, expanding mission
Meillard masters changing conditions to claim men's slalom gold at Milan-Cortina
Floods cause evacuation in N. Macedonia
Ahead of Hungary's elections, Rubio says Trump is committed to PM Orban's success
Portugal says efforts to balance budget, cut debt constrained by storm damage
Canada announces new chief trade negotiator to the United States
'Lovers' Arch' collapses on Valentine's Day on Italy's Adriatic coast
Kyrgyzstan's GDP grows 9 pct in January
Slovenia's 2025 GDP growth slows to 1.1 pct

Others Also Read