Investigators probe Houston concert where 8 fans died, hundreds injured


FILE PHOTO: An empty stage is seen at the 2021 Astroworld Festival days after a stampede killed at least eight people in Houston, Texas, U.S. November 7, 2021. Picture taken with a drone. REUTERS/Nathan Frandino/File Photo

HOUSTON (Reuters) - Authorities on Monday were investigating the events leading to the deaths of eight people, including two teens, when the audience at rap star Travis Scott's performance at a Houston-area music festival last week surged toward the stage, crushing or trampling the victims.

Scott, a hometown star who was the headline act at the Astroworld festival, will offer refunds to all attendees, according to a source familiar with his plans. He has canceled a scheduled performance this weekend at Day N Vegas in Las Vegas, a similar outdoor festival, the source said.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

Trump meets Vietnam leader, vows to remove Hanoi from restricted lists
Analysis-Supreme Court checks Trump's expansive view of executive power
Trump furious after Supreme Court upends his global tariffs, imposes new 10% levy
US says it struck vessel in the eastern Pacific, killing three men
1st LD: Trump says he will sign order imposing 10 pct global tariff
Tajikistan's population reaches 10.72 million
Switzerland takes men's curling bronze, Sweden, Switzerland set up women's final at Milan-Cortina
Coventry hails Milan-Cortina Games as 'truly successful'
Medal table at Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics on February 20
U.S. stocks close higher

Others Also Read