Australia says EU has postponed free trade talks for second time


FILE PHOTO: Containers are piled up at Port Botany facilities in Sydney Australia, February 6, 2018. REUTERS/Daniel Munoz

CANBERRA (Reuters) -The European Union has postponed the next round of free trade talks with Australia for a second time, the Australian trade minister said on Friday, amid simmering anger over Canberra's decision to cancel a $40 billion contract with France.

Dan Tehan said the 12th round of talks with the EU had been postponed for the second time this month, this time until February 2022. The talks were previously put off by a month from mid-October.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

1st LD: Trump says he will sign order imposing 10 pct global tariff
Tajikistan's population reaches 10.72 million
Switzerland takes men's curling bronze, Sweden, Switzerland set up women's final at Milan-Cortina
Coventry hails Milan-Cortina Games as 'truly successful'
Medal table at Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics on February 20
Ferreira claims men's freeski halfpipe gold at Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics
U.S. stocks close higher
Figure skating roundup: Shaidorov lands historic gold for Kazakhstan as China holds on with fifth in pairs
Rijpma-de Jong wins women's 1,500m gold at Milan-Cortina Winter Games (Updated)
Trump furious after Supreme Court upends his global tariffs, vows new 10% levy

Others Also Read