At least 406 people were kept at the paramilitary quarantine facility in Delhi after being brought back from China.
"If their final samples turn out to be negative, they would be released next week," a health official said.
The samples of the returnees quarantined at isolation facility were collected by a team of doctors on Friday.
"Based on the reports, a decision will be taken to discharge the travellers, if agreed to by the authorities, which is expected to be done in next week observing laid down protocols and due medical procedures as per the directives of health ministry," public relations officer at the facility Vivek Kumar Pandey said in a statement.
As in earlier reports, none of the returnees showd any symptoms of the disease.
According to officials, 650 people were brought back from Wuhan in China earlier this month in two aircraft.
While 406 people were at the paramilitary quarantine, the rest were kept at army facility in Manesar in neighbouring Haryana.
India so far reported three confirmed cases of the virus in its southern state of Kerala and out of them two were discharged from hospital after they showed signs of recovery.
The Indian government said Friday the novel coronavirus situation in the country was under control and authorities were taking precautionary measures and carrying out surveillance. - Xinhua/Asian News Network
Did you find this article insightful?