Six new Sembulan–Kinarut railway halts to open in October


KOTA KINABALU: Six new railway halts along the Sembulan–Kinarut stretch will open in October, says Sabah Deputy Chief Minister III Datuk Ewon Benedick.

The newly completed halts—Lok Kawi, Tombovo, Meruntum, Bukit Vor, Petagas, and Petagas Memorial—were finished earlier this year.

"The provision of these halts will give the public more options," Ewon told reporters after officiating the 130th Railway Day celebration at Tanjung Aru Station on Saturday (Aug 22).

Ewon, who is also the state Minister of Industrial Development, Entrepreneurship and Transportation, boarded a train to Kinarut to personally inspect the new facilities along the route after the launch. He added that several additional halts are currently under consideration for future development.

Ewon also said that he was awaiting the outcome of an ongoing feasibility study regarding a proposed rail link connecting Putatan to the Kota Kinabalu Industrial Park (KKIP) and Sepanggar Port.

Once the study is completed and presented to the state government, clear directions for the expansion will be finalised.

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Railway , Train , Halt , Launch , Ewon Benedick

Next In Nation

Man suffers burns in Semporna hotel restaurant fire
Activists push for nationwide independent bloc ahead of GE
Fear of heights freezes two men on 14th-floor ledge before firefighters intervene
Johor International Book Bazaar aims for 500,000 visitors, says exco
Police step up patrols after two gold shop robberies in Pahang
Malaysia, Brunei agree to use Asean mechanism to tackle transboundary haze
Education Ministry approves RM2mil for immediate repairs for collapsed SMK Juasseh roof
PAS more interested in foreign policy than Tabung Haji issue, says Fahmi
AUKU repeal to pave way for new higher education law
Government seeking ways to reduce Sabah, Sarawak flight fares

Others Also Read