IPOH: Six men have been arrested by the police for the murder of a man at Jalan Lang Indah A/5 here.
Ipoh OCPD Asst Comm Muhammad Najib Hamzah said that the motive for the incident is believed to have stemmed from a dispute linked to cable theft activities.
"Information regarding the incident was received about 5.45pm on Tuesday (May 12) regarding a local man who was found unconscious inside a car here.
“The victim was confirmed dead at the scene," he said in a statement on Monday (May 19).
He said that a post-mortem conducted by forensic medical experts at Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital found that the cause of death was due to blunt trauma to the head.
ACP Najib said further investigations found that before the incident, the victim had been taken to the vicinity of the Sri Subramaniar Temple in Southward, Tanjung Rambutan, where he was believed to have been beaten by several individuals using their hands, feet and blunt objects.
Following investigations, he said that the six men, aged between 22 and 36 were arrested to assist in the probe, while another male suspect is still being tracked down to assist investigations.
“Subsequently, the prosecution directed that five individuals be charged under Section 302 of the Penal Code, read together with Section 34 of the Penal Code.
“One of the six men detained has been made a prosecution witness after investigations found that he was not directly involved in the incident,” he said.
He added that the five men will be charged at the Ipoh Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday (May 20).
ACP Najib advised the public against making speculation that could interfere with the court proceedings.
He also urged anyone with information regarding the suspect who is still being tracked down to contact investigating officer ASP Dasarathan Subramaniam at 012-5644484 or the nearest police station.
