Senior armed forces officer interrogated by MACC in fund misuse probe


KUALA LUMPUR: The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) recorded a statement from a senior armed forces officer as part of its probe into alleged misuse of funds.

MACC chief commissioner Tan Sri Azam Baki said the senior officer was summoned to give his statement at the MACC headquarters in Putrajaya at 11am on Sunday (Jan 11).

"He has been called in to finalise the investigation into allegations against him. For now, no arrest has been made and the interview is ongoing,” Azam said when contacted.

He added that further developments in the case would be shared in due course.

On Saturday (Jan 10), media reports quoted Azam confirming that a senior armed forces officer under investigation for fund misuse was expected to be charged in the near future.

It is understood that this case is separate from the ongoing MACC investigation into the former army chief.- Bernama

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Woman dies in Sandakan house fire
Dead elephant discovered in Sabah forest reserve with head hacked off
Court to deliver verdict in former Sabah water dept director graft case today
Malaysia launches AP-UAP at World Urban Forum
Retired policeman found dead in Melaka home
Pipe burst in Butterworth disrupts water supply in Penang
722,151 travellers use Penang airport’s new autogate system since end of December last year
Signs of change on the streets
Aqasha to play role of Hang Tuah in musical
M’sia set for GDP growth

Others Also Read