School stabbing: Police to seek extension of remand for murder suspect


PETALING JAYA: The police are expected to request an extension to the remand of the 14-year-old suspect in the murder of Yap Shing Xuen at SMK Bandar Utama 4, which was set to end on Tuesday (Oct 21).

Petaling Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Shamsudin Mamat said the suspect would be brought to the Petaling Jaya Magistrate's Court for the remand extension application.

"So far, we have recorded the statements of 148 individuals in the course of the investigation.

"We will refer the investigation paper to the deputy public prosecutor on Tuesday (Oct 21) for further instruction," he said when contacted on Monday (Oct 20).

On Thursday (Oct 16), the victim’s mother, Wong Lee Ping, claimed that her daughter had suffered about 200 stab wounds, and urged the public to refrain from spreading false information or rumours about the case.

The police are still awaiting the final forensic findings to verify the exact figure.

Authorities also seized two knives and a kerambit from the suspect.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Three South Koreans plead not guilty to kidnapping, demanding nearly RM40mil ransom
Court to decide on Zizie Izette’s graft case on July 20
Job placement for registered refugees to help ease critical workforce issues, says Saifuddin
S'wak to teach Computer Science and Design in English from 2029
Cops submit investigation papers of fatal Petaling Jaya crash to AGC
Smugglers turn to rivers, coastal routes amid tighter controls, cops say
Kings presents instruments of appointment to 15 envoys
Speaker officially notified of Samsuri's appointment as Opposition Leader
Dewan Rakyat Speaker yet to be informed of Pandan, Setiawangsa seat vacancies
Kelana Jaya LRT line hit by service disruption

Others Also Read