Food poisoning cases drop 28.9% nationwide


BATU KAWAN: The Health Ministry's commitment to strengthening food safety controls has yielded positive results, with a 28.9% decrease in food poisoning cases nationwide.

Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad said the number of cases fell to 12,821 as of the 36th Epidemiological Week (ME 36), from Aug 31 to Sept 6, this year, compared to 18,034 cases recorded during the same period last year.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar
More than a gimmick, 'roti pocong' a hit at Paroi Ramadan bazaar
Melaka assembly may dissolve in April, state poll expected in June
Plight of two families in Banting fire draws Anwar's attention
Shah Alam's first female mayor vows swift, decisive leadership
S'pore PM Lawrence Wong arrives in Malaysia for special visit
Over 400 flee homes as floods hit Kota Marudu, Pitas

Others Also Read