Malaysians in Indonesia advised to avoid hotspots, stay safe amid protests, says Tok Mat


REMBAU: Malaysians in Indonesia have been advised to avoid identified hotspots of demonstrations following riots in several parts of the republic since Aug 28, says Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan.

The Foreign Minister said no Malaysians have been affected by the unrest so far, with the Malaysian embassy in Jakarta and the consulates-general in Pekanbaru and Medan closely monitoring the situation to ensure their safety.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Mohamad Hasan , riots , Indonesia , Malaysians , hotspots

Next In Nation

ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar
More than a gimmick, 'roti pocong' a hit at Paroi Ramadan bazaar
Melaka assembly may dissolve in April, state poll expected in June
Plight of two families in Banting fire draws Anwar's attention
Shah Alam's first female mayor vows swift, decisive leadership
S'pore PM Lawrence Wong arrives in Malaysia for special visit
Over 400 flee homes as floods hit Kota Marudu, Pitas

Others Also Read