Saifuddin: There is no element of cover-up


PUTRAJAYA: Truth and justice in the case involving Zara Qairina Mahathir must be pursued strictly within the law and not through speculation on social media, says Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail.

The Home Minister said while speculation continues to circulate, investigation into the case had been conducted transparently, with no attempt to cover up any details.

“The pursuit of truth and justice must be based on the law. It cannot depend on what is said outside or on social media platforms.

“Let me state clearly, there is no element of cover-up whatsoever. Every step taken has followed the law and standard operating procedures,” he said at his ministry’s monthly assembly.

He acknowledged that the police were under pressure but insisted that due process must be respected.

Saifuddin also said a post-­mortem was conducted by four medical specialists, and the findings had been shared with the family and investigators.

“If there were mistakes, such as missing evidence, those responsible must take accountability. Bukit Aman has already addressed this,” he said.

Saifuddin said police had completed their investigation and the matter was now with the Attorney General’s Chambers.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Fresh concern in Sabah as injured elephant spotted in Kalabakan
Man crashes car into Ipoh entertainment outlet
66 evacuated in Beaufort due to floods
Zara Qairina inquest: Victim claimed she was harassed by ‘tomboy’ student
Six nabbed for murder in Ipoh
BM remains official language for patient records, says Health Dept
Selangor Opposition wants Seri Kembangan rep to apologise over remarks, backs Selangor Ruler’s decree
State Umno supports Selangor Sultan's call to uphold Rukun Negara
New Malaysian passport to be issued from June 1, features 94 security elements
Over 19,000 illegal immigrants deported in 2026

Others Also Read