Social media influencer pleads not guilty to trespassing into celebrity's house


SEREMBAN: Social media influencer Nurul Nur Ariani Muhammad Zahar pleaded not guilty at the Magistrates' Court on Thursday (June 19) to a charge of trespassing into a celebrity's residence earlier this month.

Her counsel, Mohd Anif Rafih, informed Magistrate Saiful Sayoti that the accused intended to change her initial plea, following which the charge was re-read to her.

Nurul Nur Ariani, 41, claimed trial to a charge of criminal trespass for allegedly entering the premises of a house in Kampung Chelet, Nilai at around 5.00pm on May 7.

She was charged under Section 447 of the Penal Code, which carries a maximum sentence of six months' imprisonment, a fine of up to RM3,000, or both, upon conviction.

Police prosecuting officer ASP L. Rathna requested a new mention date for the submission of documents.

On May 19, the influencer pleaded guilty to the charge before Sessions Court Judge Mohamad Kamil Nizam.

The court had then fixed Thursday for the presentation of case facts and sentencing to take place at the Magistrates' Court.

Meanwhile, another defence counsel, Amer Haiqal Mohd Yusof, told reporters after the proceedings that the accused had not received proper legal advice before entering the earlier plea.

"My client now wishes to proceed with a trial to contest the case and prove her innocence," he said. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Man slashes another over parking space dispute in Cheras
Azam gives statement on shareholding issue to special probe panel
Sahur turns tragic as fire razes four homes in Kepala Batas
MACC detains T'ganu exco man in abuse of power probe
All four leaders expected to be at Perikatan Supreme Council meet today
SAR op ongoing for missing angler in Pontian
Miri man duped out of RM230,000 in fake investment scheme
Cops nab smash-and-grab suspect who targeted parked cars at MRT stations
Social media user hauled up over X post insulting Terengganu royal family
Domestic Trade Ministry mobilises 2,400 enforcement officers for Ops Pantau 2026

Others Also Read