Traffic still heavy on major highways as vehicles exit Klang Valley for Aidiladha


– Bernama

KUALA LUMPUR: Traffic remains heavy on several major highways on Friday (June 6) night as vehicles leave the federal capital in conjunction with Hari Raya Aidiladha.

A spokesman for PLUS Malaysia Berhad said as of 10.30pm on Friday, traffic was be slow on the North-South Expressway (NSE) and the Kuala Lumpur-Karak (KLK) Expressway.

"In addition, slow-moving traffic was also detected on the PLUS E2 northbound route from Skudai Toll Plaza to Sedenak and from Yong Peng to Pagoh, while southbound traffic was slow from Southville City to the Seremban Rest and Service Area and from Bandar Ainsdale to Senawang.

"For the PLUS E1 route, northbound delays are expected from Bukit Lanjan to Rawang, Sungkai to Bidor, Bidor to Tapah, Tapah to Gopeng, and Perai to Bertam," said the spokesman.

The Malaysian Highway Authority (LLM) social media platform posted that the KLK Expressway was congested eastbound from Gombak to Bukit Tinggi and from Lentang to Bentong.

The public can obtain the latest traffic updates via the toll-free PLUSLine at 1-800 88 0000, the X platform @plustrafik, the LLM Info Trafik WhatsApp channel, or X @llmtrafik.

Meanwhile, in Kelantan, traffic flow at both border checkpoints – Gua Musang-Kuala Lipis and Terengganu-Kelantan via the Pasir Puteh road – was smooth as of 9.30pm, following some congestion earlier in the evening.

A state police spokesperson said officers have been deployed to monitor and control traffic flow in both border checkpoint areas to ensure smooth travel. – Bernama

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

The growing pain in Malaysia’s big toes
Right date for couples to tie the knot
Resort hotels see bookings surge
ECRL training programme alumni to take on key roles
Malaysians looking forward to long break
Immigration Dept detains 24 foreigners in anti-prostitution raid
Fuel prices May 21-27: Diesel, unsubsidised RON95, RON97 prices increased
IJM Corp share acquisition: Two individuals under MACC investigation
Royal Press Office urges stern action over fake TikTok account impersonating, insulting King
Malaysia awaiting results of Saudi probe into detention of five Malaysians in Mecca

Others Also Read