Arrest warrant issued against woman over fake post on royalty


KUALA LUMPUR: The Sessions Court here has issued a warrant of arrest against a 43-year-old over a fake post relating to a royalty.

The order was issued by judge Norma Ismail after allowing an application by the prosecution for the warrant against the woman, Persana Avril Sollunda.

Earlier, Deputy Public Prosecutor Muhammad Amir Hanif Ahijman told the court that the investigating officer in the case had informed him that Sollunda, who lives in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, had failed to appear in court today to face the prosecution.

"The investigating officer had previously obtained a summon from the Magistrate's Court here to order Sollunda to appear today and she herself had signed the summon on April 29.

"However, as she failed to appear today, the prosecution is seeking for the court to issue an arrest warrant against her," said DPP Muhammad Amir.

Norma then fixed June 19 for mention in the case.

Sollunda is facing a charge under Section 233 (1)(a) of the Communication and Multimedia Act for allegedly uploading a fake marriage certificate with intention to annoy others.

The offence was allegedly committed on a TikTok account in February.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Selangor Sultan urges state govt to continue prioritising people's well-being
Illegal gold mining threatens lives, environment, says Kelantan MB
Smart campus tech framework to drive UKKM development, says Sim
Kota Baru man found dead in bathroom
GSF 2.0: All 428 activists released, Malaysians expected home on May 24
Royal decree should be viewed as guidance, not political interference, says Tengku Zafrul
Man found dead in pool of blood outside Pekan Nenas restaurant
Federal Highway motorcycle lane upgrade to be done in August
Gold mining tragedy in Jeli leaves pregnant mother of four widowed
Jakoa denies restricting entry of outsiders into Orang Asli villages

Others Also Read