‘Hassle-free’ travel under agreement


PETALING JAYA: The China-Malaysia Mutual Visa Exemption Agreement inked last month will allow citizens of both countries to stay visa-free for up to 90 days cumulatively over six months in either country, said the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Malaysia.

However, it said the agreement only allows stays of up to 30 days for each entry into either country.

The embassy clarified that the 90-day period does not include time spent in China under a visa, a residence permit, other visa documents, or the APEC Business Travel Card.

It said the agreement will be valid for five years, after which it will automatically be extended for another five years.

It is expected to come into force once both countries complete the necessary domestic procedures.

“The agreement, which was signed during President Xi Jinping’s visit to Malaysia, will enable hassle-free travel of citizens from both nations and usher in another ‘Golden 50 Years’ for both countries,” said the embassy.

It added that the agreement will further promote people-to-people exchanges, enhance mutual understanding and deepen multi-sector cooperation between both countries and their citizens.

“It will mark a new step forward in advancing the high-level strategic efforts under the China-Malaysia Community with a Shared Future,” it said.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Beware fake MACC article on scam site posing as The Star
Sabah flood evacuees increase to 4,652 in northern districts
No elements of abuse, bullying found in Trooper Indiran's death, says Khaled
Ex-Bersatu members welcome to join Umno, says Khaled
70-year-old woman swindled out of jewellery in 'pukau' scam
TB outbreak: Mask up at crowded places like Ramadan bazaars, public urged
Public inspection for LRT Mutiara Line extension linking Penang Island, Seberang Perai
12 police personnel suspended over cryptocurrency theft
Bill to cap PM’s term at 10 years to be tabled on Monday
Cops nab man connected to 2025 intimidation case

Others Also Read