8.5 million to receive Rahmah Cash Aid payment from March 24


KUALA LUMPUR: The government will commence disbursing Phase 2 of the Sumbangan Tunai Rahmah (STR) or Rahmah Cash Contribution this Monday (March 24), with an allocation of RM1.7bil, up from RM1.5bil last year.

The Finance Ministry, in a statement, announced that 8.5 million recipients - accounting for 60 per cent of Malaysian adults - will receive up to RM650 in assistance, under the second phase of STR.

"The Madani Government remains attentive to the needs of the majority in easing the cost of living burden, especially with Aidilfitri approaching.

"The increase in STR and Sara (Sumbangan Asas Rahmah) allocations by RM3bil, or 30 per cent, to RM13bil in 2025, reflects the government's commitment to enhancing the people’s living standards equitably,” said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, who is also the Finance Minister, in the same statement.

According to the MOF, both existing and newly registered recipients in the STR database will receive Phase 2 payments, either through direct bank transfers or cash disbursements via Bank Simpanan Nasional, based on their eligibility category.

"The government’s latest approach is to keep STR 2025 registration open year-round, allowing more people to benefit from the assistance.

"If an applicant’s name is not in the STR database, they must submit an application for verification, to determine their eligibility,” said MOF.

The STR eligibility status and frequently asked questions (FAQ) can be accessed on the STR official portal at https://bantuantunai.hasil.gov.my. - Bernama

 

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Sahur turns tragic as fire razes four homes in Kepala Batas
MACC detains T'ganu exco man in abuse of power probe
All four leaders expected to be at Perikatan Supreme Council meet today
SAR op ongoing for missing angler in Pontian
Miri man duped out of RM230,000 in fake investment scheme
Cops nab smash-and-grab suspect who targeted parked cars at MRT stations
Social media user hauled up over X post insulting Terengganu royal family
Domestic Trade Ministry mobilises 2,400 enforcement officers for Ops Pantau 2026
Floods: 245 evacuated in Tawau
MCA open to work with ex-Bersatu members

Others Also Read