Home Ministry seizes over RM500,000 in unapproved Al-Quran, Quranic materials


BANDAR BAHARU: A total of 734 unapproved copies of the Al-Quran and 19,682 Quranic materials valued at RM502,737 were confiscated in an operation carried out between March 7 and 12.

Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail (pic) said the seizures were made under Ops Mulia by the Home Ministry enforcement and control division.

"Throughout this Ramadan, until March 26, we are conducting Ops Mulia to monitor and ensure compliance with the Printing of Qur'anic Texts Act 1986.

"During this period, we inspect printing companies, premises and individuals. As of March 12, a total of 794 premises have been inspected," he told reporters after a programme in conjunction with Nuzul Al-Quran and Ihya Ramadan in Kampung Permatang Kerat Telunjuk here on Tuesday (March 18).

He added that 88 investigation papers had been opened following the operation.

Saifuddin Nasution said that last year, the division inspected 822 premises, resulting in the seizure of 8,212 copies of the Al-Quran and 11,694 Quranic materials worth RM2.7mil, while 160 investigation papers were opened.

"It is important to note that even during Ramadan, this division continues operations to ensure that the sanctity of the Al-Quran is upheld and compliance with the law is maintained," he said.

Meanwhile, under Ops Cetak last year, he said 1,759 inspections were conducted, which resulted in the seizure of 20,000 various publication materials worth an estimated RM1.2mil.

The operation carried out under the Printing Presses and Publications Act 1984, aimed to curb the circulation of undesirable publications, he added. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Flood situation worsens in northern Sabah as evacuees rise to 4,761
TB outbreak: Johor Ramadan bazaar SOPs unchanged, says exco rep
Bersatu crisis: Raub, Lipis divisions dissolved today
Smooth traffic reported on several main highways as at 9.40pm
Health Ministry accelerates efforts to strengthen food safety control to achieve target by 2030
Pahang Sultan, Tengku Ampuan express sadness, sympathy at Trooper Indiran's death
Perak urges use of reusable bags ahead of ban on single-use plastics
Ramadan bazaars: A beloved annual tradition for Malaysians
Bersatu appoints new task force to restructure divisions, wings
Madani govt component parties must strengthen cohesion to realise people's mandate, says Zaliha

Others Also Read