Don't panic over March 3 water pump notice, Sabah DCM III tells public


KOTA KINABALU: Datuk Shahelmey Yahya has assured Sabah residents that the recent notice regarding illegal water pumps is not an immediate crackdown but rather an advisory campaign aimed at educating consumers on proper pump installation.

Addressing concerns over the March 3 notice issued by the Sabah Water Department, the Sabah Deputy Chief Minister III said there had been some confusion regarding its intent, as it was widely perceived as a strict enforcement measure.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Azam Baki files defamation suit against news agency
Anwar hosts reception for Singapore PM Wong, discusses efforts to strengthen ties
Selangor Sultan receives RM11.47mil in business tithe contributions
Over 1,000 displaced as floods worsen in Sabah’s north, Pitas emerges as worst-hit
'Don't shoot the messenger', says Nurul Izzah in urging authorities to probe allegations into MACC chief's alleged shareholdings
Anwar holds talks with Singapore PM Lawrence Wong
ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar

Others Also Read