Selangor police registered 6.8% fewer cases during Ops Selamat 23


SHAH ALAM: The accident rate during Ops Selamat 23/2025 in conjunction with the Chinese New Year celebration in Selangor dropped by 144 cases or 6.8% compared to the cases recorded in the same operation last year.

Selangor police chief Datuk Hussein Omar Khan said the number of accident cases recorded this time was 1,980 compared to 2,124 cases during Ops Selamat 21/2024.

He said during the six-day Ops Selamat from Jan 28 to Feb 2, fatal accidents also recorded a drop of five cases or 26.3%, or 14 cases compared to 19, last year.

"The number of deaths also showed a decrease of eight cases in Ops Selamat this time compared to 22 cases in Ops Selamat 21/2024," he said in a statement here on Wednesday (Feb 12).

Hussein said in Ops Selamat this time, a total of 23,962 summonses were issued for various offences.

The Selangor contingent also won the best summons traffic enforcement category, which was announced at the Ops Selamat 23 Chinese New Year 2025 Appreciation Ceremony at Persada PLUS (PLUS Malaysia Berhad) on Feb 4, he said. – Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Azam Baki files defamation suit against news agency
Anwar hosts reception for Singapore PM Wong, discusses efforts to strengthen ties
Selangor Sultan receives RM11.47mil in business tithe contributions
Over 1,000 displaced as floods worsen in Sabah’s north, Pitas emerges as worst-hit
'Don't shoot the messenger', says Nurul Izzah in urging authorities to probe allegations into MACC chief's alleged shareholdings
Anwar holds talks with Singapore PM Lawrence Wong
ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar

Others Also Read