Missing man found drowned on Pangkor beach


IPOH: The body of a man who was reported missing has been found on Pangkor Island's Pasir Bogak beach.

Manjung OCPD Asst Comm Hasbullah Abd Rahman said the body was found at 11.24am on Wednesday (Jan 15).

“The Pangkor police station received information from the public and sent personnel to the area to check.

“They found the man in an unconscious state, and examination by Pangkor Health Clinic personnel confirmed that he was dead,” he said in a statement on Thursday (Jan 16).

ACP Hasbullah said the victim’s body was taken to Hospital Seri Manjung for a post-mortem, which found that the man had drowned.

"The victim was reported missing on Jan 1," he said, adding that the case had been classified as sudden death.

He urged anyone with relevant information to call the Pangkor station at 05-6851222, the operations room at 05-6886222, or the WhatsApp hotline at 014-6828005.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Azam Baki files defamation suit against news agency
Anwar hosts reception for Singapore PM Wong, discusses efforts to strengthen ties
Selangor Sultan receives RM11.47mil in business tithe contributions
Over 1,000 displaced as floods worsen in Sabah’s north, Pitas emerges as worst-hit
'Don't shoot the messenger', says Nurul Izzah in urging authorities to probe allegations into MACC chief's alleged shareholdings
Anwar holds talks with Singapore PM Lawrence Wong
ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar

Others Also Read