No order on house arrest received


PUTRAJAYA: There were no directives received by the Home Ministry to allow former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak to serve the remainder of his prison sentence at home, says Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail.

According to Saifuddin Nasution, the Home Ministry only received the meeting minutes of the Federal Territories Pardons Board dated Jan 29 last year and the official order by the Pardons Board dated Feb 2 last year on halving Najib’s prison sentence and fine.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Najib Razak , royal addendum , court

Next In Nation

Johor MACC committed to working closely with state govt to enhance good governance, strengthen integrity
PAS to discuss Opposition Leader position on Feb 22, says Hadi
Anwar seeks swift passage of Bill limiting PM to two terms
Police seek public help to locate Myanmar teen missing since Jan 31
Police inspector recharged with failing to arrest suspect under Arms Act
Unemployed man charged with murder ordered to undergo psychiatric assessment
Over 37 tonnes of e-waste seized in Port Klang by AKPS
Over 350 landowners appeal Penang’s revised land tax, says Chow
Sabah floods: Victims told to prioritise safety as Paitan, Kota Marudu, Pitas declared disaster zones
Microsleep accounts for 20% of road accidents, says Miros

Others Also Read