Kedah floods: RM500 aid for affected households, including non-evacuees


ALOR SETAR: The Kedah government will provide RM500 in aid to each head of household affected by the floods last November, including those who were unable to relocate to temporary relief centres (PPS).

Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor said the total number of eligible households was still being verified, and for those who did not evacuate, confirmation must be obtained from the Village Community Management Council chairman and the village head.

"The current figures only account for flood victims who relocated to PPS. Therefore, we are working with the village council and village heads to confirm those affected but remained at home.

"Some victims could not move to the PPS because it was full, and took shelter on the upper floors of their homes instead. The district officer allowed it, and we sent assistance to them (during the flood),” he said after delivering the Menteri Besar’s message to state civil servants at Wisma Darul Aman on Thursday (Jan 2).

He added that the RM500 aid would be distributed as soon as the final figures are obtained, with the process expected to be completed within this month.

Previously, the state government disbursed RM1,000 in aid to each household that evacuated to PPS during the first phase of the floods in September last year. – Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Flood , Kedah , KIR , Aid , PPS

Next In Nation

Ramanan lauds SJKT Ladang Kinrara's success at international youth STEM event
Man nabbed while trying to steal railway cables between Kempas Baru, Kulai
Tengku Panglima Perang Pahang visits family of late Trooper Indiran
Govt has improved Armed Forces procurement procedures, says Defence Minister
Beware fake MACC article on scam site posing as The Star
Sabah flood evacuees increase to 4,652 in northern districts
No elements of abuse, bullying found in Trooper Indiran's death, says Khaled
Ex-Bersatu members welcome to join Umno, says Khaled
70-year-old woman swindled out of jewellery in 'pukau' scam
TB outbreak: Mask up at crowded places like Ramadan bazaars, public urged

Others Also Read